Travel Tips with Pat Rafter Competition
Promotion Terms and Conditions
Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is considered acceptance of these terms and conditions.
1. This Promotion is promoted by Samarad Pty Ltd ABN: 79 100 072 704 (the “Promoter”), part of the Mantra Group of companies located at Level 1/50 Cavill Avenue, Surfers Paradise 4217, Queensland; phone (07) 5631 2500.
2. Entry is open to Australian residents 18 years and over.
3. Officers, employees, successors or assigns of Mantra Group and its parent companies, its agencies in the promotion, as well as immediate family of any of them are ineligible to enter. "Immediate family" means spouse, parent, child or sibling, whether or not they live in the same household as the employee.
4. Eligible entrants are permitted to enter as many times as they like. Each entry can only contain 1 travel tip. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process or who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry.
5. All photo and video submissions are to be tasteful and will be moderated. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant that submits an image or video that is deemed inappropriate by the Promoter.
6. The competition commences on Monday 2 July 2012 at 10am AEST and closes on Monday 24 September 2012 at 9.59am AEST ('Promotion Period').
7. How to enter
a) Entrants must enter an original submission via the internet at www.mantratraveltips.com/enter.
b) Entrants must include all requested contact details to be eligible to win. Each entry must be unique and received by the Promoter prior to the competition close date and time
c) Entrants must choose which format they would like to follow for their entry – written only, written and a photo or a video
d) Entrants submitting a written travel tip must supply no more than 150 words
e) Entrants submitting a written and photo travel tip must supply no more than 150 words and 1 photo that assists in describing their entry
f) Entrants submitting a video travel tip must submit a video no more than 2 minutes in length.
g) Entrants submitting a video travel tip must upload their video to YouTube, Facebook or Vimeo and then supply the link in their entry at www.mantratraveltips.com/enter
h) The top 3 entries will be selected by Mantra on 26/09/2012 at 3:30pm AEST
8. No responsibility will be taken by the Promoter for any ineligible or lost entries or entries submitted or received by the Promoter after the closing date. Entries that do not comply with these terms and conditions, are incomplete, or submitted or received by the Promoter after the closing date will be declared void.
9. The 3 winners will be the best valid entries as judged by the judging panel, having regard to skill, creativity and originality, at the Promoter’s premises, Level 1/50 Cavill Avenue, Surfers Paradise 4217, Queensland, on 26/09/2012 at 3:30pm AEST. The promoter may select additional entries to be used as replacements in the event that the first entrant chosen as a winner cannot satisfy these Terms and Conditions or take a take prize. The 3 winners will be notified by email relying on contact details provided by the entrant. The prize winners and their entries will be published online at www.mantratraveltips.com and on Mantra’s Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mantra/105617329461478) on Tuesday 2nd October, 2012. The result of the judging is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. All entrants must submit ONLY their own original words, photos and videos. Entries that are found to have been derived from a third party will be considered invalid.
11. The judge's decision in relation to any aspect of the competition is final and binding on each person who enters. Chance plays no part in determining the winner.
12. If the Promoter is unable to contact the winner to claim fulfilment of the prize or if a winner is unable to attend any element of the prize, that winner will forfeit the prize in its entirety and it shall be awarded to the next runner up in the promotion. The Promoter will not be liable for a winner who cannot be contacted and therefore forfeits their prize.
13. The Prizes will be booked and arranged by Mantra after the 3 winners have been notified and published.
14. Details of the 3 prizes
a) By entering the competition all entrants have the chance to win one of three trips to meet Pat Rafter and have their travel tip filmed with him on a date specified by Mantra. The prize includes:
Flights for the winners and friend from their nearest capital city to a destination on dates specified by Mantra
- 2 nights accommodation at a Mantra hotel or resort on dates specified by Mantra
b) Each prize is valued at approximately $AUD2000 based on flights for 2 people from Perth to Brisbane.
c) Meals, spending money or any additional incidental costs relating to the prize are not included and are the responsibility of the winner.
d) Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable or redeemable for cash or any other goods.
e) The prize is subject to these Promotion terms and conditions.
f) Travel insurance is not included but recommended.
15. Total Maximum Value of Each Prize = $2,000. Total Maximum Value of all Prizes = $6,000.
a) In participating in the competition, all entrants (and their companions) agree to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial activities relating to the competition, including but not limited to being interviewed, photographed and videoed. All entrants agree to grant the promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use all words, footage and photographs submitted in their entries for promotional purposes in all media worldwide, including online social networking sites, and all entrants (and their companions) will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value, or availability of the Prize.
17. Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. Acceptance of the prize is deemed to be acceptance by the winners of these terms and conditions and approval to use the winner’s name for publicity purposes, unless specifically requested by the winner not to do so at the time of accepting the prize.
18. If the competition does not run for its duration due to, but not limited to, computer viruses, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the Promoter’s control that corrupts or affects administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. The Promoter will not be responsible for:
a) Malfunction, delay or traffic congestion on any telephone network or line, computer on-line system, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, or website;
b) Any entry not received by the Promoter as a result of those matters; nor
c) Any injury or damage to entrants or any other person related to or resulting from participation in the competition or downloading any materials relating to the competition.
More Tips With Pat
|Tip 8: Pre-print boarding passes
|Tip 6: Home away from home
|Tip 9: Crease-free ties
|Tip 3: Put your name on it
|Tip 2: BYO powerboard
|Tip 13: Later housekeeping
|Tip 4: Best seat on the plane
|Tip 10: Back-up credit card